Effective: 5 December 2020
We respect your privacy and will use our best endavours to keep your Personal Information secure.
- Personal Information we collect
- How we collect Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information from any of the following sources:
- information you or third parties provide to us when you or they communicate directly with us (including by telephone, email, instant message, chat, or website form submissions);
- information you provide to us when you submit an order on our website;
- information obtained through the use of browser features, such as cookies and browser storage;
- information provided to us by a payment processor or financial institution - for example, when processing payment for an order or refund;
- Types of Personal Information we collect
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- identification information - such as your name, age, sex;
- location information - such as your residential address or postal address, or the country or region where you live;
- contact information - such as your telephone number, instant messaging address, or email address;
- payment processing information - such as partial card numbers, cardholder name, expiry date or bank account details;
- browser information - such as information about your internet browser, operating system, device, or browsing behaviours on our website.
The Privacy Act defines some types of information as "sensitive information". We do not actively collect sensitive information unless it is necessary in the course of operating our business.
Some of these cookies are automatically cleared when you close your browser session. You may also manually clear cookies in your browser settings.
- Pseudonyms and Anonymity
You may have the option to interact with us anonymously or under a pseudonym.
However, because we are required to identify you to process an order, it may not be possible to place an order with us anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- Quality Assurance
We endeavour to ensure that all information we collect is accurate and complete. However, as we often rely upon information from third party sources, some personal information may be inaccurate or incomplete.
- How we collect Personal Information
- How we store and secure Personal Information
We may be required by law to retain certain Personal Information about you - for example, information retained as a record of orders, shipping, payments or purchases.
Where we are required to store Personal Information, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that it is kept securely and guarded against unauthorised use or disclosure.
- Location of data
Where possible, we store Personal Information within Australia. However, some services may require us to store or transmit Personal Information to other jurisdictions.
Personal Information that is transmitted outside of Australia may not be subject to Australian privacy laws or protections.
- Information security measures we adopt
The security of your Personal Information is important to us.
We adopt a number of measures to help ensure that your Personal Information is protected, including requiring the use of SSL/HTTPS on our website at all times.
- Use and sharing of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information in one or more of the following ways:
- to process and fulfill orders placed on our website and other transactions (such as refunds);
- to communicate with you about your order, or about other products or services we provide;
- for product and service improvement, website analytics and market research; and
- if you opt in, to provide you with promotional material about our products and services.
Your privacy is important to us, so we will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to third parties without your express consent.
- Electronic messages
You may opt in to receive electronic messages containing advertising or other marketing communications from us via our website form or when placing an order with us.
We use these messages to let you know about product hints and tips, news and announcements, or upcoming promotions, sales and product releases.
We are committed to a no-spam policy. If you no longer wish to receive electronic marketing messages, you may unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe links provided in the message.
When placing an order with us, you also consent to our use of email and/or SMS notifcations to let you know about the progress of an order, such as order confirmations, payment processing notifications and dispatch notifications. Our delivery suppliers may also use similar notifications.
- Providing information to third parties
- to payment providers and financial institutions - for the purpose of processing or fulfilling an orders, payment or transaction;
- to our delivery suppliers - for the purpose of delivering an order to you;
- to our information technology suppliers - for the purpose of maintaining, improving, hosting and developing our website and for IT support purposes.
Where necessary, we may provide your Personal Information to a third party for one or more of the following purposes:
Where our website provides links to third-party websites, you acknowledge that we are unable to control the content of the third-party website or the third-party's privacy practices.
You may contact us about your privacy using the contact form on our website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavour to respond to privacy enquiries or complaints within a reasonable timeframe. However, if your enquiry or complaint is complex, we may need additional time to respond.
We may not be able to respond to your enquiry or complaint if it is incomplete or inaccurate, relates to a third party, or if a response would require us to contravene our other obligations of privacy or confidentiality.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy enquiry or complaint, you may refer your matter to, or seek further information from, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://oaic.gov.au).
- Personal Information
- has the meaning given in the Privacy Act.
- Privacy Act
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- we / us / our
- Best of Natural Beauty Pty Ltd (ACN 639 229 100), trading as Emani Australia (ABN 98 639 229 100)
- Rules for interpretation
A reference to:
- the singular includes the plural;
- any gender includes other genders;
- a person includes individuals and all other entities that have legal personality;
- legislation includes subordinate legislation, amendments and re-enactments;
- the phrase "including" does not imply a limitation.
Headings and emphasis are for ease of reference only and do not affect interpretation.
- Governing law
If any part of this document is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part may be severd from the rest of this document without affecting the remaining parts.
We may amend this document at any time without prior notice by publishing the amended version on our website.
Amendments made to this document will take effect immediately from the date of publication or on the effective date stated in this document, whichever is the later.